1. Qualification as AuthorsLimited to domestic/foreign dentists, doctors, basic scientists and other persons recognized by the editing committee.
2. Kinds of manuscripts to be contributedThe manuscripts that may be published on this journal shall be original articles, clinical or case reports or review articles relating to oral & maxillofacial implantology, academy news and various introductions and any manuscript not included in these shall be subject to the deliberation of the editing committee for the decision to publish. Any manuscript with the same content as that of any article already published in another journal may not be contributed and manuscripts published in this journal may not be arbitrarily published in any other journal.
3. Publication of manuscriptsWhether to publish a manuscript and the order of publication shall be determined through deliberation of the editing committee of this academy and the editing committee may assess the scientific significance, logicality, creativity, originality and morality of manuscripts to be contributed and determine whether to publish them or may ask the authors for necessary corrections, supplementations or deletions. Corrected papers shall be reassessed to determine whether to publish and if the author refused to correct such deficiencies, the paper shall not be published. The title of each manuscript, author, name, degree, title, address and the workplace of each author shall be accurately recorded. The title of each manuscript shall be prepared briefly and logically whereas making the content of the manuscript easily identifiable.
1) Manuscripts are recommended to be written in Korean or in English. Manuscripts in Korean, however, also can be received if the Abstract, Tables, Figures, and References should be written in English.
2) In Korean manuscripts, all terminologies are written in Korean and English with parentheses. The terminology that cannot be put into Korean may be expressed in English.
3) Abbreviations should be avoided as much as possible. When they are used, full expression of the abbreviations following the abbreviated word in parentheses should be given at the first use.
4) Citation for Trademark are written in order of Trademark, Corporation, and Nation in parentheses.
5) Medical Dictionary and the most recent edition of English-Korean, Korean-English Health Terminology, published by the Korean Medical Association(http://www. kmle.co.kr).
4. Manuscripts shall be prepared in Korean or English
Manuscripts in Korean shall state all words in Korean as much as possible and those words that cannot be easily translated shall be written in English; and in the case of translated words, English words may be written together at the first citations to help understanding.
The copyright of any paper published in this journal shall be held by The Korean Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Implantology. By the submission of an application for manuscript publication signed to agree to the regulations for contribution, the copyright of the paper comes under the ownership of The Korean Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Implantology.
6. Prepare abstract under the title in the first pageAbstracts shall be prepared in English; and abstracts shall be prepared briefly showing important contents to enable easy grasping of the entire content of the manuscript. The length shall be 400 words; provided that, abbreviations shall not be used.
At the bottom of each abstract, no more than 6 key words shall be provided in alphabetical order.
7. Research fundsIn the case of a paper prepared with the support of research funds, the content shall be written at the bottom of the abstract on the first page.
8. When using product namesWhen citing the product name of a product used in the study, the name of the product shall be set forth at the first citation and the manufacturer and manufacturing country shall be indicated in a parenthesis ( ).
9. Submission of manuscriptsManuscripts may be submitted to the web hard of the academy, the chief editor’s e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (The Korean Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Implantology, Room #507, F5, The Korea Science and Technology Center, 22, Teheran-ro 7-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-080, Korea).
When submitting by mail, 4 printed copies of the paper shall be submitted and 3 copies of them shall not contain author related personal details. When submitting through the web hard, access to www. webhard.co.kr and load the paper into the ‘Contribution at any time’ folder in the folder named ‘The journal of The Korean Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Implantology.’ The file name shall be in the form of the name of the primary author-the name of the institute (e.g.; Ki-Tae Koo Seoul National University) .
① After accessing the web hard site, load the original file containing the text, photos, figures into the ‘Contribution at any time’ folder in the folder named ‘The journal of The Korean Academy of Oral & Maxillofacial Implantology.’
② If a paper has passed the assessment process, the academy may request the contributor to supply the originals of photos and figures for accurate publication and the contributor shall respond to such request.
③ As a document preparation program, Arae Hangeul or MS Word shall be used. In the case of manuscripts in English, MS Word shall be used.
④ The size of each manuscript shall be around 15 pages in total including photos and figures in the case of an original work and 7-8 pages in the case of a case report. In this case, the page is based on the A4 size (21.0 cm×29.7 cm) and when Arae Hangeul software is used, the font size of the text shall be 10, line spaces shall be 150% and the font shall be Batang. In the case of MS Word software, the font size shall be 10, line spaces shall be 1 line and the font shall be Batang. In this way, the number of letters per line will be around 40 and the number of lines per page will be around 40.
⑤ If a manuscript is too long, the editing committee may hold back the publication and request correction of the manuscript.
10. The order of preparation and form of manuscripts
1) Title and author’s name (the organization)
2) Abstract, key words
4) Material and Methods
9) Photo descriptions in principle.Clinical case reports shall be prepared in the order of title, author’s name, abstract, key words, introduction, case report, generalization and discussion, conclusion, references and photo descriptions. Photo, figure, graph, photo descriptions and references shall be necessarily prepared in English. The form of preparation of each of the parts shall be made observing the following.
1) Title and author(s)
An appropriate title shall be given to the paper and the names and the research institutes they belong to shall be stated. At the bottom, the name, address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address of the responsible author (corresponding author) shall be stated. When research fund support has been received, the supporting institute shall be stated at the bottom.
Abstracts shall not exceed 400 words. Abstracts shall be written in the order of the purpose of the study, study materials and methods, study result and the result and at the bottom, no more than 6 key words shall be written in alphabetical order.
Based on appropriate references, the background and purpose of the study shall be included and excessively detailed literature consideration shall be avoided.
4) Material and Methods
The design of the experiment, study materials/subjects shall be described. If study subjects are patients, their ages, genders, other features, the method of diagnosis of diseases, etc. shall be written in detail. For animals, equipment, reagents, etc. among study materials, the names and addresses of the manufacturers shall be written in parentheses. When new methods or transformed methods are used, the reason for using the methods and the limitations of the methods shall be described. In the case of drugs and chemicals, their generic names, dosages, administration methods shall be accurately described. When reporting experiments performed on humans, it should be described whether the experiments are in compliance with the moral regulations on medical experiments on human bodies of the relevant institute or region or the Declaration of Helsinki announced in 1975 and amended in 1983; and the names, disease record numbers, etc. of the patients shall not be exposed. In the case of experimental animals, it shall be described whether the breeding and use of the experimental animals observed the regulations of the animal experiment research assessment committee of the institute or country where the experiment was performed. In the case of experiments, biological measurements with large variations in actually measured values shall be statistically processed in principle and the name of the program used (version and the name of the country where the program was produced) and the method shall be described.
Essential results including tables, charts and photographs shall be written and excessively detailed descriptions shall be avoided. Results of statistical processing shall be accurately written and all values shall be written observing meter units.
The result of analysis of the study result shall be mentioned based on references and the importance of study data and the limitations of the study shall be written. Any contents mentioned in the introduction shall not be repeated. The part of discussion shall not exceed one-half of the entire content of the paper and narrow theories of the authors shall not be described.
The result of the study performed by the author shall be described clearly and briefly. This shall not be described in the same manner as the contents of the study result or abstract.
The references shall be written in the order of citation in the text showing the order with Arabic numerals. References shall be prepared on separate pages. The cited year of the relevant literature, etc. shall be written and the name of the author shall be written so that the initials of the given name will follow the family name. The page numbers of the beginning part and the ending part of the cited content of the literature shall be written and the order of writing shall be in the order of the name of the author, title, journal name (book name), the year of publication, the number of the volume, the number of the issue and page. In the case of original works or review articles, the number of references shall not exceed 50 and in the case of case reports, the number of references shall not exceed 15.
E. g. 1) Kim SG, Baik SM. Diagnosis and treatment of maxillary sinusitis after implant placement. Implant Dent. 2010; 19: 115-121.
E. g. 2) Kim WB, Kim SG, Lim SC, et al. Effect of Tisseel on bone healing with particulate dentin and plaster of Paris mixture. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010; 109: e34-e40.
E. g. 3) Kim SG, Baik SM, Moon KN, et al. Maxillary sinus graft for endosseous implant placement: a literature review. Implantology. 2010; 14: 44-53.
E. g. 4) Kim YK, Kim SG, Lee BG. Bone graft and implant. 1st ed. Seoul: Narae Pub Co.; 2007. p. 10-11.
If the number of authors is 5 or more, only the first 3 shall be written and others shall be indicated by et al. In texts, if there are two authors, both of them shall be specified and if there are 3 or more authors, only one shall be specified and others shall be indicated by “et al.” If 3 or more references are cited in the text, the number of the first reference and the number of the last reference shall be written with “-” in between. Also, the number of the reference in the text shall be indicated by paper reference or shoulder numbers. (e.g., 1, 2-7)
11. Photo (including Figures, Photographs and Radiographs)When submitting by mail, figures or photos produced to be sufficiently large and clear shall be inserted in the manuscript so that 1 page of the manuscript shall not have more than one photo so that they would not be affected even if they would be reduced in the process of printing. Also, original files of photos shall be submitted in CD files. When submitting files, the resolution shall be 300 dpi or higher and the files shall be JPG, TIFF or EPS files. A serial number shall be written next to the indication, ‘Fig’ after a period and a space using Arabic numerals in the order of citation in the text and then a period shall be added. The title and the description shall be written in English without fail.
12. Figures and graphsThese shall be submitted in the form of photos, laser printer outputs or computer graphic files. Each of the figures or graphs shall be prepared on a separate sheet. The titles of figures or graphs shall be prepared in English. If any abbreviation has been used, a description shall be included in the footnote at the bottom.
13. Photo descriptionNecessary photo descriptions shall be prepared on separate sheets and in the case of microscope photos, the magnification, staining method, etc. shall be written. Photo descriptions shall be necessarily written in English. If any sign or numeral is included in a photo, a description of it shall be provided.
14.Correction of manuscripts, publication fees and separate volumesAfter receiving the notice of the result of assessment, the responsible author shall correct the paper within the designated time and submit the result together with the answer to the assessment opinion sheet. If the corrected paper is not submitted within the period, publication of the paper may be cancelled. If the publication of the paper has been confirmed and the publishing company finally edited and requested correction, it shall be answered within 48 hours and if not, publication of the paper may be withheld. Errors in papers at the final publication shall be the responsibility of the authors. Editing committee members, assessing committee members and the publishing company are not responsible for such errors. Actual costs required for publication, photo decomposition, etc. shall be paid by the author. Separate volumes shall be provided at actual costs when requested by the author.
The regular manuscripts will be published quarterly on March 31st, June 30th, September 30th, and December 31th.